The history of Chaumet has been entwined with the History of France ever since its founding in 1780, in Paris. Indeed, the Maison very quickly became the official jeweller to Empress Josephine. The High Jewellery savoir-faire of the Maison has been passed down through generations of jewellers for 235 years. Crafted at the very heart of the place Vendôme, the jewellery and watchmaking creations reflect these exceptional skills and pay tribute to the Parisian style.
For more than 230 years Chaumet’s excellence in High Jewellery has been bequeathed from one master jeweller to another. Diamonds and precious stones, carefully selected for their exceptional purity and sparkle, are then sculpted into round, cushion, oval, emerald, or the Maison’s signature cut, the pear-shape.Then, the jewellers, stone setters, polishers and engravers give life to the jewel.
The townhouse and its 18th century salon, 12, place Vendôme nincorporates the flagship Boutique, the historic Salons, the Creative Studio and the High Jewellery workshop where tomorrow’s sentimental jewels are imagined and crafted with bold creativity.