A symphony of jewellery and the art of detail. The Maison opens its doors for the Journées Particulières the 12, 13 and 14 October.
Situated on the first floor, Chaumet’s Grand Salon was commissioned in 1777 from architect Bélanger by King Louis XVI’s General Treasurer of the Navy. In perfect harmony with Mansart’s facades, the Corinthian columns are multiplied into infinity by means of mirror effects. The memory of the first maître des lieux is still present, thanks to the many references to the maritime theme in the woodwork, marquetry and painted medallions.
In this salon, Frédéric Chopin composed his last Mazurka Opus 68 No. 4.