Chaumet is highly committed to guaranteeing the protection, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data.
Please read this personal data protection policy carefully as it describes in particular:
– what we collect: the personal data which Chaumet obtains from you; and
– why we collect it: the aims pursued by Chaumet when we collect your personal data.
1. Identity and details of the data controller
2. Identity and details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
3. Data collection conditions
4. Processed Data, basis and purposes of processings
6. Configuring cookies
7. Data recipients
8. Data transfers to third countries
9. Data security and confidentiality
10. Your rights
11. Data retention period
12. Combating fraud and counterfeiting
13. Right to file a claim
This policy outlines the way in which the company Chaumet International SA, a limited liability company with a capital of €42,430,230 whose registered office is at 12 place Vendôme, 75001 Paris (France), recorded in the Register of Commerce and Companies of Paris under No. B 342 966 942 (referred to hereinafter as “Chaumet”), processes the personal data which concerns you (referred to hereinafter as your “Data”) in its capacity as data controller according to the regulations applying to personal data.
The provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”), as well as the adaptation provisions provided for by French Act No. 78-18 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties in its version amended by Law No. 2018-493 of 20 June 2018 and Ordinance No. 2018-1125 of 12 December 2018 (hereinafter referred to as the “French Data Protection Act“) apply to the processing of your Data by Chaumet.
Chaumet has a Data Protection Officer in accordance with the regulations in force.
If you have any questions relating to the collection and processing of your Data by Chaumet, you can contact the Chaumet Data Protection Officer at the following addresses
By postal mail :
Chaumet International SA
To the attention of the Data protection officer
12 place Vendôme
75001 Paris – France
By email : privacy[at]chaumet.com
The websites www.chaumet.com/en, https://www.12bis.chaumet.com/en/, https://www.makeityours.chaumet.com, https://crownyourlove.chaumet.com/ and https://www.lanature.chaumet.com/ (referred to hereinafter as the “Websites”) are operated by Chaumet and allow Chaumet to collect your Data.
The staff of the Chaumet boutiques are required to collect Data and carry out Data processing within the framework of their activities. Most of the Data collected by the Chaumet boutiques is obtained from:
Data collection forms provided by the staff of the Chaumet boutiques which are to be completed and signed by yourself and are then retained by Chaumet, on one hand; and
the customer relationship management tool used in Chaumet boutiques, on the other hand.
The Chaumet customer services department is also required to collect and process your Data when you contact it with your requests.
The Data which relates to you and which is collected via the Websites when you visit a Chaumet boutique and when you contact our customer services department mainly consists of the following, depending on the services provided by Chaumet (and according to your choices and the configuration of your device in relation to cookies and other plotters):
– Nationality ;
– Civil status ;
– First and last names ;
– Date of birth.
b. Contact details
– Email address ;
– Postal address ;
– Mobile and landline numbers ;
– Social media identifiers ;
– Bank details in the context of sales of Chaumet products in Chaumet boutiques or via distance selling.
c. Technical data
– Login data ;
– Cookies and plotters ;
– IP address ;
– Geolocation data (to identify the closest boutique for you, or to display the web page in your language).
d. And more generally, all information that you give to our advisers or our customer service department and that enable us to welcome you with the best possible service in our boutiques or on our websites :
– Your preferences on our collections or on the resources at our disposal to contact you ;
– Information related to potential undesirable effects caused by our creations (e.g. allergies to certain precious metals) ;
– Information related to the selling ceremony (e.g. ring size, or wedding date) ;
– Contact history ;
– Your activities on the websites.
In the particular case where you wish to communicate with Chaumet staff through instant messaging, Chaumet cannot guarantee the confidentiality and security of your Data or any other information exchanged through such messaging. Companies offering this type of messaging services are themselves responsible for processing and comply with their own strict data protection and confidentiality policies. In this specific context, the processing of your Data remains outside the control of Chaumet: our Maison therefore declines any responsibility in the context of this use.
This Data is either collected:
based on your consent; or
is required for the completion of your orders according to a contract; or
for the purpose of pursuing a legitimate interest of Chaumet (e.g. to combat fraud and counterfeiting).
Your Data is therefore collected notably for the following purposes:
– to answer your questions sent via the “Contact us” form available on our website www.chaumet.com/en;
– to enable you to create a personal “My account” space on our website www.chaumet.com/en;
– to enable you to create and maintain your “Selection” of products on our website www.chaumet.com/en;
– to send you information on our offers, products, latest news and events (newsletters, invitations to events organized by Chaumet and other news publications) subject to your consent;
– to manage your orders in the Chaumet boutiques, including invoicing and payment, and the guarantees applying to Chaumet products;
– to manage; optimise and customize customer relations (notably within the framework of the management of complaints and the Chaumet after-sales service);
– to save your details and usage preferences for our Websites to improve your navigation ;
– to organise your participation in Chaumet events;
– to be shared with its local business partners, including companies operating department stores in which certain Chaumet shop-in-shops are located, for example to support their own customer relationship management programs, subject to your consent;
– to compile statistics, segmentations and marketing analysis following your visits to Chaumet stores or Chaumet Websites;
– to manage retargeting systems and suggest targeted advertising; and
– to list you in the Chaumet boutiques closest to you, to suggest you go there according to your location.
The Data required by Chaumet to fulfil the purposes outlined above is marked with an asterisk:
– on the different pages of our Websites;
– on the Data collection forms provided by a member of staff from the Chaumet boutiques for you to complete and sign. The completed forms will then be retained by Chaumet; and
– on the forms available via the customer relationship personalization tool used in Chaumet boutiques.
If you do not complete these compulsory fields, Chaumet will not be able to answer your requests and/or provide you with the requested services.
The other information is optional and helps us to understand you better and to improve our communications and services for you.
Cookies are stored on your device when you have browsed the Chaumet Websites, if you agree. Cookies are small text files which are saved to a dedicated hard disk space on your device (computer, tablet, smart phone, etc.) when you consult an on-line service using your browsing software.
Cookies contain a certain amount of Data concerning your browsing activities (for example the date, time and number of visits, supply source and preferences). Chaumet may be required to install cookies on your device when you connect to our Websites depending on your choices.
The storage of certain cookies on your device requires that you give your prior consent. Thus, as soon as you land on our Websites, an information banner indicates that we are using this technology and that by clicking on “Accept cookies”, you agree to the said cookies being stored on your device.
To carry out advertising targeting operations: the deposit of cookies allows Chaumet to offer you targeted advertising adapted to your interests.
Provide you with sharing buttons via social networks: if you click on one of these buttons, more cookies may be stored in your device from these websites. These cookies are governed by the personal data protection policy associated with each social network. Chaumet therefore has no control over their storage.
Cookies are kept for a maximum of thirteen (13) months. This deadline will not be extended by additional visits.
The removal of functional cookies, which are necessary for the provision of content or services by Chaumet, will no longer allow you to access certain content or services which require you to log in and notably to detect the type of browser used by your device, its language and display settings.
Chaumet declines all responsibility relating to consequences stemming from the reduced operation of its Websites services due to the impossibility of storing or consulting the cookies required for the operation of said services whose storage you have refused or whose deletion you have requested.
Choices offered by your browser: you may configure your browser so that cookies are saved on your device or instead are rejected either systematically or depending on their issuer. You may also configure your browser so that you have the option of accepting or refusing cookies before they are likely to be stored on your device.
How to implement your choices depending on the browser that you use? The management of cookies varies according to the configuration of each browser. Click on the following links for further details.
For Internet Explorer™:
For Google Chrome™:
Expressing on-line choices via inter-professional platforms: regarding advertising cookies, you can also consult the YourOnlineChoices website provided by on-line advertising professionals belonging to the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) managed in France by IAB France. You will find a list of firms which allow you to configure the cookies that they use to adapt the adverts likely to be displayed on your device depending on the information relating to your browsing activities: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.
These settings will not prevent adverts from being displayed on the websites that you use but they will block the technologies used to adapt adverts to your interests.
Further information on cookies and their use can be obtained from the website of the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) at the following address: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/site-web-cookies-et-autres-traceurs
Your Data will be processed by Chaumet, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, and their local business partners.
Within the framework of the provision of its services, Chaumet may transmit or grant access to your Data for technical, logistical and commercial reasons to the following categories of recipients:
– our Websites host;
– the development and maintenance service provider of our Websites;
– the service provider in charge of circulating news (newsletter, invitations and other publications);
– the provider of the statistical analysis solution for cookies and plotters;
– the service provider managing all the processes within the Chaumet boutiques (transactions, inventory management and customer database management);
– the service provider in charge of developing and maintaining the customer relationship personalization tool used in Chaumet boutiques;
– the department stores in which Chaumet shop-in-shops may be located, that may require Chaumet upon request to share your Data because of the consignment structure of our activity, if you agree;
These companies then process your Data in accordance with their own data protection policies. They themselves define the purposes and means of the processings they carry out and therefore have the status of data controller. Chaumet cannot therefore be held responsible for the conditions of the processing of your Data by these companies and declines any responsibility in this respect.
– the service provider in charge of the development and maintenance of the Chaumet customer relations management platform;
– the service providers responsible for marketing and segmentation analysis; and
– the service providers who are liable to provide caretaker services for Chaumet customers.
Chaumet may also be required to pass on your Data to third parties if this is required by law, a statutory provision of legal decision or if such communication is required to protect and defend its rights.
Except for these cases, your Data will not be passed on or made accessible to any third parties, subject to the restructuring of Chaumet, including a total or partial asset transfer, merger, absorption, acquisition, demerger and in general any reorganisation operation.
Since Chaumet has subsidiaries and/or affiliates abroad and works with Data processors located abroad, the recipients of your Data may also be located abroad, including outside the European Economic Area (referred to hereinafter as the “EEA”).
Any transfer of Data outside the EEA, notably to a state for which no adequacy decision has been reached by the European Commission, it will be governed by appropriate contractual guarantees in accordance with the regulations applying to the protection of personal data.
A copy of the relevant guarantees can be obtained by writing to our Data Protection Officer at the addresses given in Article 2.
Chaumet applies technical and organisational security measures in line with accepted practice particularly with regard to the security of its information system.
Chaumet strives to take all the necessary steps to protect the confidentiality and security of your Data and prevent it from being amended, damaged, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised third parties. Chaumet will ensure in this respect that its Data processors present the same security, technical and organisational guarantees.
In accordance with the regulations in force, you have the right to access and rectify your Data, the right to withdraw your consent at any time, the right to request the deletion of your Data, he right to object its processing or to request the portability of your Data if applicable, the right to request the limitation of processing and to define directives on the fate of your Data after your death, where applicable, subject to legitimate imperious grounds which may be justified by Chaumet to retain your Data.
You also have the right to object:
– processings based on Chaumet’s legitimate interest, for reasons relating to your specific situation;
– processings for the purpose of commercial prospecting. As such, you may at any time request that you no longer receive our communications relating to our offers, products, news and events using the hypertext link provided in every email which we send to you.
These rights may be exercised at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the addresses given in Article 2.
Chaumet processes your Data for a specified period depending on the purposes for which it is processed.
Your Data which is collected and processed for Chaumet’s customer service needs will only be retained for the duration of period during which your request is processed.
If you decide to create a customer account, your identification Data will be retained for as long as your account remains active provided that you do not close it. You may close your account at any time. Your request will be acknowledged as soon as possible or, in the case of a current order, as soon as it has been fully executed. If your account remains inactive for a period of five (5) years, Chaumet will contact you to determine whether you wish to maintain your account or not. Otherwise your account will be closed and your Data destroyed.
The Data relating to your product purchases will in principle be retained by Chaumet for the purpose of managing customer relations for a period of ten (10) years after your last contact with Chaumet.
The Data used for the purpose of sending commercial communications relating to offers, products, news and events concerning Chaumet will be retained for a period of five (5) years from their collection or your last contact with Chaumet. Prior to the expiry of this period, Chaumet may contact you to determine whether you wish to continue to receive communications relating to our offers, products, news and events.
Chaumet will delete your Data at the end of this period. Your Data will also be destroyed within a maximum period of one (1) month from your deregistration request.
In any event, Chaumet processes your Data for a period not exceeding that necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
Chaumet is a jewellery and fine jewellery House within the LVMH group. The LVMH group places a great deal of importance on the protection of its trademarks, products, know-how and image. In this context the LVMH group, alongside and in cooperation with the public authorities, has introduced a number of tools to detect fraud and counterfeiting and centralises all information relating notably to counterfeiting offences and parallel imports which it may detect or which are reported concerning the brands and products of the LVMH group or any other infringement of the rights of the companies within the LVMH group, a list of which can be obtained from the website www.lvmh.fr, including in relation to the Chaumet House.
In this context, the LVMH group may be required to collect and process certain personal data concerning individuals who are suspected to have committed or been involved in such infringements as well as any witnesses.
This information will only be retained for the requirements and duration required for the verification of the detected or reported facts and, if applicable, for the implementation of proceedings or means intended to settle the matter until the case is finally closed or, if the LVMH group decides not to initiate proceedings, for a period of five (5) years from the last incident recorded.
You may also contact the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), 3 place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris Cedex 07 with any claims concerning the way Chaumet collects and processes your Data.
Latest update: 24 April 2020