Your CHAUMET watch is an original creation of Maison CHAUMET which quality, precision and manufacturing criteria meet the requirements of the highest standards of the Swiss watch-making tradition. Throughout the manufacturing process, it was the subject of attentive care and has been carefully tested and rigorously controlled.
– the name of the metal used: Gold 18 carat 750°/°°, Platinum 950°/°°, Steel 316L or Titanium;
– a unique individual number, on the caseback, identifying the watch and certifying its authenticity;
– CHAUMET’s signature;
– the mention “Water resistant”.
Diamonds chosen for CHAUMET jewels and watches come from legitimate sources in compliance with the United-Nations resolutions. Thus, CHAUMET undertakes not to finance armed conflicts according to the written guarantees delivered by its providers.
Your watch benefits from a two-year (2) International Guarantee against any lack of conformity occurring under normal conditions of use from the date of purchase specified on the Authenticity Certificate. Such Certificate shall be duly completed and validated by the stamp of the CHAUMET shop or authorized reseller.
This International Guarantee shall not preclude the application of any legal guarantees and/or applicable laws in the country of purchase.
The guarantee does not cover:
– normal wear and tear of the watch;
– inappropriate or abusive use of the watch, e.g. shocks, crushing, handling of the crown or push-buttons under water, incorrect repositioning of the crown, etc.;
– leather watch straps;
– use of a battery not recommended by CHAUMET for quartz movements;
– damage resulting from any intervention, repair or dismantling by a non-authorized network and for which CHAUMET excludes any liability (opening of the case, modifications of the initial product).
For any intervention and to benefit from the guarantee, you shall bring your watch back to a CHAUMET shop (link to the list of shops to be included here) or a CHAUMET authorized reseller which list is available on www.chaumet.com/en. This guarantee will apply only upon presentation of the CHAUMET Authenticity Certificate. Upon expiry of the two-year (2) guarantee period, any repair shall be paid by the Client.
Only the CHAUMET authentic watches may benefit from repairs.
For any lack of conformity (1) for purchases in France, the Client:
– shall act within two years from the delivery of the good;
– where the watch can be repaired, may opt for the repair or replacement of the good, subject to the cost conditions set forth in Article L. 211-9 of the French Consumer Code;
– is not required to prove the existence of a lack of conformity of the good within six months of the delivery of the good. Such timeframe has been raised to twenty-four months as from March 18, 2016, except for second-hand goods;
– the legal guarantee of conformity applies regardless of any commercial guarantee that may be granted;
– the Client may decide to implement the guarantee against hidden defects of the sold item pursuant to Article 1641 of the French Civil Code; in this case, it may opt for either the cancellation of the sale or a price reduction pursuant to Article 1644 of the French Civil Code.
(1) Article L. 211-4 of the French Consumer Code: “The seller is required to deliver a product which is compliant with the contract and is held liable for any lack of conformity which exists upon delivery. It is also held liable for any lack of conformity caused by the packaging or the assembly instructions, or the installation if it assumed responsibility therefor pursuant the contract or if the installation was made under his responsibility”.
Article L. 211-5 of the French Consumer Code: “To comply with the contract, the product must: 1/ Be suitable for the purpose usually associated with such a product and, if applicable: (i) correspond to the description given by the seller and have the features that the seller presented to the buyer in the form of a sample or model; (ii) have the features that a buyer might reasonably expect considering the public statements made by the seller, the producer or its representative, including through advertising or on labels; 2/ Or have the features defined by mutual agreement between the parties or be suitable for any special requirement of the buyer which was made known to the seller and which the latter agreed to”.
Article L. 211-12 of the French Consumer Code: “An action resulting from lack of conformity lapses after two years of delivery of the product”.
Article L. 211-16 of the French Consumer Code: “When the buyer asks the seller, during the period of commercial guarantee granted upon the acquisition or repair of a moveable good, to carry out repairs covered by the guarantee, any standstill period of seven days or longer shall be added to the remaining term of the guarantee. Such period shall run from the time when the buyer requests assistance or when the product in question is delivered for repair purposes, should this be subsequent to the request for assistance”.
Article 1641 of the French Civil Code: “The seller is bound to a guarantee against hidden defects in the item sold that render it unfit for its intended use, or that so impair its use that the buyer would not have bought it, or would only have given a lesser price for it if it had been aware of the defects”.
Article 1648 §1 of the French Civil Code: “An action resulting from redhibitory defects must be brought by the buyer within two years from the discovery of the defect”.
Any intervention by the after-sale service is covered by a one-year (1) repair guarantee as from the date of repair, subject to any applicable laws and/or legal guarantees. Such a repair guarantee does not cover the same conditions as the above-mentioned purchase guarantee. Such guarantee only applies upon presentation of the repair invoice.
We recommend an annual control of the water resistance of your watch, a cleaning of the case, and for quartz watches, a change of batteries every two years.
For hand-winding or self-winding watches, we recommend a control every four years – cleaning of the movement and change of lubricating oils.
To activate a watch that has stopped, you need to wind it manually before wearing it.
– For a hand-winding watch, wind it until you feel resistance. The watch is then completely wound. Please do not force the crown, otherwise you risk to damage the mechanism.
– For a self-winding watch, you need to turn the crown ten times. After this operation, we recommend that you rotate the crown in the opposite direction once so as to disengage the winding mechanism. To ensure the continuous functioning of a self-winding watch, the watch should be worn every day. Otherwise, turn the crown ten times every time before wearing the watch.
Please read the use instructions of the watch available here or consult our sales attendants in shops, who will help you to use your watch.
If immersed in salt water, since salt is very corrosive, rinse your watch under fresh water and dry it with a soft cloth.
For watches with screw-down crowns, please ensure that the crown is correctly screwed so that water cannot penetrate into the watch.
You should also avoid the exposure of your watch to very high magnetic fields which could speed it up or stop it completely.
To preserve the movement, you should take your watch off during sport activities.
For watches with metal straps and jewellery watches, you are strongly advised to proceed with a deep cleaning, polishing and control of the setting of the stones every two years, in order to preserve the original brilliance.
For watches with leather straps, it is important to remind that leather is a natural and handcraft product. Sixty operations were necessary to manufacture it, and most of them were hand-made.
In order to preserve your leathers at best, we draw your attention to the following facts:
– any contact with water or exposure to high moisture may stretch the leather out of shape and fade it;
– long exposure to sunlight may have a negative impact on colours and suppleness;
– cosmetics products and oily materials may stain it.
In order to provide brilliance and whiteness to your white gold watch, the latter is plated with rhodium. We remind you that rhodium-plated white gold requires a regular service because of its natural tarnishing. CHAUMET workshops are at your disposal if you wish to benefit from this service which is not included in the guarantee.
In case of theft of your CHAUMET watch, you can contact any CHAUMET shop or our Client Relation Service. CHAUMET will issue a copy of the invoice or a purchase certificate, provided that you provide the necessary supporting documents, namely a copy of the complaint, an affidavit and a copy of your ID.
All CHAUMET points of sale listed on our website in the section « Shops » are entitled to receive your CHAUMET watch for after-sale service purposes. However, our network of CHAUMET shops will offer a larger range of services and a more specialized technical expertise.
Should you have any question, you can contact our Client Relation Service:
– by phone: +33 (0)1 44 77 26 26
– or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org